Insurance Requirements For Bikes
The variables affecting the cost of insurance should be known to policyholders. As required by law, bike insurance is a requirement. With a driving license, vehicle registration, and bike insurance policy, you are permitted to ride your vehicle. Additionally, you should request a pollution certificate from the relevant authorities.
- Mandatory: According to the Motor Vehicle Act 1988, a bike insurance policy is required.
- Natural Damages: Your comprehensive bike insurance online should cover natural disasters like landslides, earthquakes, fires, floods, and cyclones.
- Damages Caused By Human Activity: Human activity includes acts of terrorism, war, theft, and robbery.
- Risk Coverage: There is no better way to deal with uncertainty than to purchase an insurance policy. When you drive your car off the lot and onto a public street, the rider and the vehicle are at risk. A two-wheeler insurance policy can be chosen to cover a variety of threats.
- Premium: Your premium is meagre compared to the benefits you receive from the insurance policy. After evaluating the risk factors, the insurance company will decide on the premium rate. ##
Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the two-wheeler insurance policy.
Bike Insurance Deductible
The following criteria are used to determine two-wheeler insurance premiums:
- Deductibles: A high deductible will result in a low premium. If the vehicle’s repair or replacement cost is high, choosing a higher deductible will result in higher out-of-pocket costs. It would help if you chose the deductible wisely. ##
- Safety Devices: You should add safety devices to increase the vehicle’s safety. Anti-theft devices and a key lock arrangement are some safety accessories. The risk exposure on the vehicle will decrease as you take steps to increase its safety. You are, therefore, more likely to pay a lower insurance premium. ##
- Make And Model Of The Vehicle: The vehicle’s make and model will impact the insurance premium. You should pay a very high insurance premium for sports bikes. A sports bike’s engine size will be significant. A luxury bike will be costly to repair or replace spare parts. On the other hand, low-profile bikes will come with little of a premium.
- Age Of The Insured: According to the insurance provider, young bikers are riskier than seasoned riders. As a result, the insurance premium paid by an 18-year-old bike owner is higher than that produced by a 55-year-old bike
- No-Claim Bonus: You will receive a no-claim bonus for each consecutive policy year without a claim. You shouldn’t file a claim if the bike only has minor damage. No-claim bonuses have a pre-fixed range . Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the two-wheeler insurance policy. *
- Zero Depreciation Cover: Adding extra riders, such as cashless hospitalisation, zero depreciation cover, and medical coverage, will raise the insurance premium. It would help to choose something other than extra riders when purchasing an insurance It would help to choose practical riders appropriate for your bike and the road conditions simultaneously to prevent loss or damage to the vehicle. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the two-wheeler insurance policy.
Bike Insurance Online
The cost of Bajaj Allianz bike insurance policy online may be lower than buying it offline. On the insurance company’s official website, there is a calculator for bike insurance which can help you get premium estimates to plan your insurance budget properly.##
Subscribe to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Youtube Channel here!
* Standard T&C Apply
## All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.